6.27.2010

Sunday's Sermon

My procrastination actually paid of today. I have something wonderful to share with you.
Today at Church on of our lessons was based on a General Conference Address by Donald Hallstrom titled ' Turn to the Lord'.

I really felt the spirit while the teacher was speaking.

The quote that I like the most was ' Don't let an earthly circumstance affect your spirituality.'

How often have we heard of someone getting offended at church and not coming back or letting the death of a loved one affect cause them to start drinking or the circumstance of divorce cause them to not come back to church.

I don't ever want to be a person who lets an earthly challenge come in the way of or affect my eternal life. And I was reminded of that today. Thank goodness for wonderful teachers who are in tune with the spirit.

Here is another quote from the talk.

'In the most difficult circumstances of life, there is often only one source of peace. The Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ, extends His grace with the invitation “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28). He further promises, “My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you” (John 14:27).'

No comments:

Post a Comment