6.03.2010

Semi-Homemade Clam Chowder

Some day's I really don't feel like cooking, but I am a mom and I can't starve my family. I have a couple of recipes on file that are quick and easy. This is one of them.

It is a Semi-homemade Clam Chowder.

Here are the cast of characters....

I start by boiling the water as according to the directions on the back of the Bear Creek Creamy Potato Soup. While that is warming to a boil, I chop my potatoes into somewhat small pieces. I like to leave the skin on...you don't have to.

Then I drain my Clams. I don't like to bit into my clam chowder and get a big bite of chewiness, so I go ahead and let my cute daughter chop those clams a little smaller.

Once the water comes to a boil, wisk in the amount of mix that you need. Then add the clams and the potatoes so that they can soften while you simmer the soup for 15 min. Yeah, 15 minutes. The whole process takes about 20 min. Not too Shabby. And this is what you end up with.


You don't have to use bread bowls if you dont have them. If you would like an easy recipe, use Rhodes Rolls. That is what I did for these ones in the picture. I thawed the bread the quick way (cause when do I ever plan ahead), took it out of the oven from raising, placed it on a floured surface. Then I cut the Bread Loaf in Half for the big ones and into fourths for my children, Shaped them into round circles and placed them on a sprayed cookie sheet. Make sure you give them each their own space so that they don't touch each other. Brush the rolls with a beaten egg. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until double (30-40 min). Cook at 350 for 20 minutes.

When they are done, let them cool a little while, then cut the top off. You don't want to pull too much of the bread cause then it will collapse. Leave about 1/4 in - 1/2 in of bread around the edges.

I hope you enjoy this quick and easy meal.




Cravings Fulfilled,
Tamber

No comments:

Post a Comment