I have to apologize for the lack of posting. Between having my computer down for the last couple of days and having morning sickness, little has gotten done around my house.
Yes we are expecting baby number 3.
I have not wanted to cook at all. I got a new cookbook yesterday from William-Sonoma called Cooking Together. My 5 year old LOVES it (to say the least). She was so excited to pick a recipe and help me cook dinner last night. She was oh so helpful.
Here is the waffle and sauce recipe that we Loved.
Waffles Sticks with Strawberry Sauce
Ingredients For Sauce:
2 c. hulled strawberries
2 T. Brown Sugar
2 T. Orange Juice
1/4 t. Vanilla
Directions for Sauce:
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside or Freeze for Future use.
Ingredients for Waffles:
1 1/2 c. Flour
2 T. Sugar
2 t. Baking powder
1 t. Baking Soda
2 Large Eggs, Separated
2 c. Buttermilk
1/4 c. Milk
1/4 c. melted butter
1/4 t. Vanilla
Directions for Waffles:
1. Combine all dry ingredients
2. In a separate bowl combine Buttermilk, milk, butter, vanilla and egg yolks.
3.Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
4. With an electric blender blend egg whites until white and fluffy forming soft peaks. Then fold egg whites into the flour-buttermilk mixture and stir until blended.
5. Pour on waffle iron and cook. When the waffle is ready, transfer it to a rimmed baking sheet and keep warm in the over. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding each finished waffle to the baking sheet without stacking the waffles.
6. Cut the waffles into sticks or wedges and serve with the strawberry sauce for dipping.
I don't blame them. It was delicious! The orange juice adds the perfect touch.
This is a life long recipe that we will use over and over again. Not just on waffles, but over ice cream, on crepes, pancakes, cake, etc.