8.17.2010

Meatballs or Chicken Sauce

(Family Favorite Recipes)

I found this recipe this week on one of my favorite recipe blogs. I looked at the meatball sauce recipe and thought it would be great on Chicken as well, so last night I took 3 chicken Breasts and seared them over high heat in some Olive Oil. Then I placed them in a pan and Baked them at 375 for 20 minutes. After 20 Minutes I poured the sauce over the chicken in a casserole dish and baked 15 more minutes.

Talk about delicious! My husband loved it and said that it was a meal that we need to keep around. We used the extra sauce to pour over our mashed potatoes, which was delicious.

So here is the Meatball recipe that I hopefully get to try soon...Anything to get my kids to eat some veggies. Supposedly the kids don't even know what is in the meatballs, they just love them.


Meatballs:
1 lb. ground beef
2-3 carrots, shredded
1 large potato, shredded (raw)
1 yellow onion, grated
1 egg
1/2 c. bread crumbs
red pepper flakes, to taste
salt and pepper to taste

Sauce:
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
1/2 c. sour cream
1 can milk
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste

Preaheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix meatball ingredients together. Roll into fairly large meatballs and place in a lightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish or large casserole (you will have to put them pretty close together and that's ok). Bake for 25-30 minutes (you can also brown them in a skillet instead of baking them but I am all about putting in the least amount of effort). Mix sauce ingredients together in a medium sized mixing bowl and mix with a whisk until creamy. After meatballs are browned, pour sauce evenly over the meatballs and place back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes (or until sides are hot and bubbly). Serve over rice.


1 comment:

  1. The recipes you post are always yummy so I will have to try this one too!!

    ReplyDelete