Lemon Drop Cookies
1 1/4 c. all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 c. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
Zest of 1 large lemon (2 if they are small)
Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 Tbsp)
For the Glaze:
1/2 c. powdered sugar
Juice of about 1 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and whisk to combine, set aside.
3. In bowl of stand mixer, combine butter and powdered sugar. Beat on medium until creamy and smooth.In a small bowl, rub the sugar and lemon zest together. Add to the butter mixture. Blend until smooth. Add the lemon juice and beat until well combined.
4. Turn mixer to low, and slowly add in the dry ingredients.
5. Turn the mixer up to medium speed and mix until flour mixture is combined. Chill the dough for about 30 minutes. You can chill the dough overnight.
6. Roll the cookie dough into little balls, about a Tablespoon or so of dough per cookie. Place the cookies on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper or a Silpat.
7. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Take them out when the bottoms are very slightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheets. Transfer to a cooling rack.
8. To make the glaze-mix powdered sugar and lemon juice together with a whisk. Whisk until smooth.
9. Dip the tops of the cookies into the glaze. Let sit until glaze is hard. Makes 2 dozen cookies