5.25.2010

Army Cake

Last week my friend asked me to do an Army Cake for her Son's Birthday. It was a lot of fun to make. The best part about it was that it wasn't stressful. When you are creating dirt, you don't have to be perfect. I baked two round cakes, one 9 x 13 and 12 mini cupcakes. I didn't want it to look like the shape of a 9 x 13 so I cut jagged pieces and placed mini cupcakes upside down to look like boulders.

What do you think?



I'm linking up with these parties:

Today's Creative Blog





Cravings Fulfilled,
Tamber

7 comments:

  1. That's awesome...my son would LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That cake is fantastic! I'm sure that boy is going to absolutely love it. How do you eat something like that though? It's too cool to destroy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! So fun!! I'll have to remember that the next time my cakes won't come out of their pans. Thanks for sharing ... I've posted a link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I bet it was a big hit!!!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great job on the cake.. You can almost feel the rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tamber, you are amazing! I love your blog :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you be willing to share your frosting recipe for this cake? It looks like you also used some crushed candies as "dirt." Do I see malted milk balls? Toffee bits? Crushed oreos?? My son wants an army cake for his party this weekend. Hoping to tackle this tomorrow! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete