9.16.2010

Blood Stain Removal


I have to admit that I am the worst at getting any kind of stain out of anything.

Today, my 5 year old got a bloody nose and dripped it everywhere on our brand new carpet.

I was scared that it was ruined and that I would have to replace and patch the whole piece of carpet.

I asked my neighbor if she knew what to do and of coarse she did....she always does.



So, in case you don't know (cause I sure didn't) here are the steps to getting Blood out of your Carpet/Clothes.

1.) Get a wash cloth wet with COLD water (Hot will make the stain set and harder to get out)

2.) Get a couple of dry paper towels.

3.) Dab (don't scrub, it will spread the blood) the water onto the blood so that the blood gets wet. Don't add too much water or it will bleed to surrounding area.

4.) Take your dry paper towels and dry up water and blood. You will be amazed at how it absorbs.

5.) Repeat 3-5 times on each small area.

*** At this point the majority of my blood was already out of my carpet***

If you still have some blood on your carpet or you are working on clothes, follow the following instructions...

1.) Mix 1 Tablespoon of Oxyclean and 1 Tablespoon of baking soda. Add just enough water to make a paste (it will dry out if you dont use it right away, so you will have to continue to use water).

2.) Place paste on blood stain. Let sit about 30 min.

3.)If cleaning carpet get a wet rag and dab up oxyclean mix. If you put mix on clothes, throw clothes into washer and run like you normally do.

4.) Dab the carpet area dry with dry cloths.

This worked miracles for me.

Hopefully you have success too.

1 comment:

  1. Hydrogen peroxide, baby. It get's blood out of everything. You just have to make sure to rinse it out well after you are done or it can bleach the material.

    ReplyDelete