7.28.2010

Individual Potato Cups


I personally believe that baked potatoes go with so many different main dishes.

It is a 'go-to' side here at my house.

Typically I just throw the potatoes in the microwave for a couple minutes if I am in a hurry.

One day when I was lollygagging around the house I wanted to try something different. That something different just happened to be this recipe.

And let me tell you…they are delicious (even IKE gave the approval and he doesn't normally rave over a potato unless it is mashed)


*** CAUTION to all calorie counters out there
***

If you are trying to loose weight…don't even try this recipe. It will lure you in and trap you. I am going to try it out with olive oil instead of butter and then a little sour cream for the moisture. They were super yummy, I was just overwhelmed by the amount of butter in them and I even cut it down from the original recipe


Ingredients:


6 -8 Whole Potatos
1 Stick Butter (I used a little less)
Slat & pepper
1 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup diced ham (optional)
1/4-1/2 c. scallions
12 tea. whole milk (or 2%)

Directions:


Pierce Potatoes and cook in Microwave until slightly soft (about 12-15 min). Set aside and let cool until you can handle them. When they are cooled, slice them about 1/4 in. thick into rounds.

Place 1/4 Tbsp pats of butter in each mold of the muffin/cupcake pan, then a slice of potatoes, a pinch of salt and pepper, then cheese, ham and scallions. Repeat layers: potato, salt & pepper, cheese,ham, scallions. (I only did 2 layers, but I suggest going up to 3 because they shrink when they cook.) Top each mold with another pat of butter and drizzle each with 1 tsp of milk.


Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes, until cheese is melted and potatoes are brown.

1 comment:

  1. Do you think you could have these done, and the put in the freezer for reheating?

    ReplyDelete