4.30.2010

The Lust of a Mantle...

There has been a lot of talk in blog world about Mantle's lately, fireplace Mantle's. Oh how I Lust a real Mantle...cause lets be honest, how many 850 sq. ft. condos have a real mantle?....

I doubt many.

So, the closest I get is a deep window seal.

The problem with that is I can lean pictures, etc. cause I have to be able to

close the blinds at night.

So, here is my before picture.


I know...who would want to do dished looking at that?

Am I wrong?

Pretty boring I think.


SO

I decided to add a little touch of spring.

What do you think?


I need to still find a bright frame for this, but I love the poem inside the frame.

I got this poem from a friend. Every time I went to her house for the last 4 years I thought to

myself....I need to write that down.

Finally after a long time of looking I took some action.

If you can't read the poem in the picture, this is what it says..

Dirty Dishes

Thank Heaven for Dirty Dishes

They have a tale to tell,

While other folks go hungry,

We are eating very well.

With home and health and

Happiness,

We shouldn't want to fuss,

By this stack of evidence

God's very good to us.

5 comments:

  1. Very cute. I love the poem. I think that I'm going to put it either on the wall or on a plaque above my kitchen sink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you embroider that yourself? It's very pretty and so full of truth. I'd love to make a sampler of that myself and frame it.

    http://homeschoolblogger.com/ohiosarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the flowers on the window sill. I am making a sign out of the poem to put over my own sink. Perhaps it will help adjust the attitudes of the dishwashers! I hope it will adjust mine. (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made my own version of your dish poem. Posted it on my blog and linked back to you. Would love it if you would stop by and check it out. sautermylove.blogspot.com
    Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to know the fonts you used in your Dirty Dishes plaque. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete