5.16.2011

Menu Plan Monday 5/16




I know that I have not been very consistent with my posting...Sorry. My husband and I are trying to eat healthier so I feel like our meals are not too desirable. As I searched for more healthy recipes this week I realized that there was a lack of them on blogs. So I am going to make an effort to share some of them with you.

Monday- Healthy French Toast

Ingredients

  • 8 egg whites
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 cup skim milk
  • 4 slices whole-wheat bread
  • Cooking spray
  • Sugar-free syrup

Preparation

Whisk egg whites, vanilla, nutmeg and milk together. Dip each slice of whole-wheat bread in the egg mixture and brown on each side in a nonstick pan sprayed with cooking spray. Top with a little sugar-free syrup and serve with turkey sausage or scrambled eggs.

Tuesday: Salmon, Roasted Asparagus and Baked Potatoes

Wednesday: Grilled Rosemary Chicken, Salad and Sweet Potato Fries

Thursday: Turkey Burgers (Costco Premade), Roasted Black Bean and Corn Salad

Friday: Healthy Egg White Omlets

Saturday: Free-day...Eat out or whatever is around the house.

Sunday: Whole Wheat BBQ Chicken Pizza

I will try and take pictures this week and include some recipes that I have planned. Have a wonderful week.



No comments:

Post a Comment